Residence permit, Visa, Citizenship
In order to obtain a residence permit in Greece, a non-resident may choose one of the following options:
- If a non-resident decides to invest in the Greek economy;
- If a non-resident comes to Greece to study. In order to obtain such residence permit a non-resident has to provide a bank reference stating the availiability of funds (profit per month should be not less then EUR 2,000);
- If a non-resident comes for seasonal or permanent work;
- If relatives or close family members live in Greece;
- Other occasions;
- If a non-resident purchases a residential or commercial property in amount of EUR 250,000.
Those, who purchase a property for less than EUR 250,000 may also make a claim for a residence permit. Otherwise, they obtain privileges within obtaining multiple entry visa that allows living in and travelling to Schengen countries over a period of 90 days per half a year.
In order to become a citizen of Greece a non-resident has to live in Greece for 10 years. If a non-resident has a spouse who has Greek citizenship, then they may obtain citizenship after 3 years.